1. Radcliffe is only about 5’6”.
2. He loves to write, listen to music, read, play on his PlayStation and study bass guitar.
3. Daniel’s favorite “Harry Potter” book is “Prisoner of Azkaban” (the third book).
4. Daniel speaks Spanish.
5. His favorite scenes to shoot in the films are the Quidditch scenes, where they fly on broomsticks.
6. His favorite classes are English Literature, Religion and History.
7. Daniel’s parents were hesitant to let him audition for the role, wanting him to have a normal childhood, and turned down Christopher Columbus’ (director of the first two films) request for a private audition. Later, the producer of the films spotted Daniel with his parents at a play, and convinced them to reconsider.
8. He began filming at 11 years old.
9. Daniel admits that his biggest challenge is girls — and he often gets tongue-tied.
10. Daniel first played the role of Alan Strang in a 2007 London production of “Equus,” then again on Broadway in September 2008 between filming the sixth and seventh films. He received good reviews.
11. He received $14 million for his role in “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” though he was paid just $110,000 for the first film.
12. He believes in ghosts.
13. Daniel gets along very well with Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.
14. He admits that he had a bit of a crush on Emma Watson when they first met, but now they’re more like brother and sister. All three insist there’s no dating at work.
15. Daniel has joked about playing a drag queen as a character because he thinks he looks good in makeup, and would love to wear the costumes.
16. Daniel’s favorite alcohol is tequila.
17. Unlike Watson, Daniel is sure that he wants to be a professional actor long after the Harry Potter movies are completed.
18. Although he lives in an apartment by himself, Daniel will still take his laundry to his mother — he also hates ironing.
19. He loves to write short stories and poetry, and has even published a few poems under the pen name Jacob Gershon. He does not aspire to write novels, because he doesn’t think he has the stamina.
20. He met his girlfriend Laura O’Toole during his involvement in “Equus.” She was also in the cast.
21. Daniel defines himself as a “long-term relationship” person and a romantic.
22. Daniel considers Tom Felton one of his closest friends. They’re frequently spotted together outside of filming.
23. Daniel does not plan on going to university, but instead sticking with his acting career.
24. Daniel suffers from dyspraxia, which affects his hand-eye coordination.